The Parish Child Protection Policy
The Parish of Kilmurry Ibrickane compromising of the communities of Mullagh, Coore & Quilty welcomes and encourages the participation of children, young people and adults in church life and in all Parish activities. The Parish does all in its power to ensure the safety of children, young people and adults in the carrying out of any such activities.
Code of Conduct
- Children, Young People and Adults treat each other with respect.
- All children, young people and adults are treated fairly and equitable.
- If a child, parent/guardian is unhappy with any aspect of the child’s/young person’s care, all aspects of any complaint will be considered by a third party.
- Children, young people and adults will use respectful language at all times.
- Children, young people and adults will respect the individuals right to privacy.
- The physical integrity (no inappropriate of physical conduct) of children, young people or adults will be respected.
- Children, young people and adults will respect the property and premises connected with parish activities.
- Children and young people will not be given alcohol or illegal drugs under any circumstances.
Parish Representatives for ‘Keeping Children Safe’
- Helen McGrath – (065) 708 7309 / (087) 221 1609
- Kathleen McMahon – (065) 708 7399 / (085) 731 9619
- Oliver O’Gorman – (065) 708 7702 / (086) 867 6217
Diocesan Child Protection Workers
- Joe Searson – (065) 708 7875 / (087) 676 2023
- Sr. Mary Nash – (061) 713 854 / (086) 047 1254