Documents required for non-parishioners
Baptismal Certificate – Dated within the last 6 months
Confirmation Certificate (Available from Parish of Baptism)
Letter of Freedom (Available from Parish of Baptism)
Pre-Marriage Course: Accord Pre-Marriage Course 1850 58 5000 or one in your area. Esker Retreat Centre 091 844549 or email: email@example.com. The only Pre-Marriage Courses Approved in the Diocese of Killaloe are Accord & Esker Retreat Centre Courses. We advise that you book one early.
In the situation of an Inter-Faith Marriage i.e. Catholic & Member of another Religion or Non-Baptised person it is necessary to get a dispensation from the Local Bishop. The local Priest in your area will direct you on this matter. All paper work must go firstly to the local Bishop of the of the area in which you live and then in turn be sent to the Bishop of Killaloe, Westbourne, Ennis, Co. Clare.
3 Months Notice to the State- You as a couple need to make an appointment to meet in person with any civil registrar to give notice of your intention to marry. On presenting yourself you need to bring the following documentation and details to the registrar office:
- Photo Identity (preferably a passport or driving license)
- Names and Dates of Birth of witnesses
- Name of Church where you wish to be married
- Date of Marriage
- Name of Priest who will officiate at the Marriage
- If either party has been previously married, they must provide the Civil Registrar with an original divorce decree or a death cert if widowed.
If one or both parties reside outside the state an application form must be obtained from the Registrars Office completed and returned to that Office. The couple must present themselves before the Registrar at least 5 days before the Wedding. They will be given the Registration Form, which they must present to the Marriage Solemniser (Priest), otherwise the marriage cannot be registered.
After the Wedding the couple are responsible for returning the signed Marriage Registration Form to the Office of the Register. This has to be done within one month of the Wedding.
Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form to be filled out with Local Priest & who in turn will send to Parish where Marriage is to take place or in case of Inter-Faith Marriage will be sent to Local Bishop or if couple coming from outside of country.
Ceremony Itself: Choice of Readings, Exchange of Vows, Prayers of Faithful etc., consult with Priest who is witnessing at your Marriage.
Fee for use of Quilty / Mullagh / Coore Church: Cheque made payable to ‘Mullagh Parish’ €200
Contribution to Church Sacristan is €50
Star of the Sea Church, Quilty: Margaret Downes – (065) 708 7542
St. Mary’s Church, Mullagh: Frank Mee – (065) 708 7162
Most Holy Redeemer, Coore: Ber Cleary – (065) 708 7559
TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MARRIAGE REGISTRARS IN DIFFERENT AREAS:
- Registration Office, Sir Patrick Duns Hospital, Lower Gran Canal St. – (01) 678 7114/5
- Registration Office, Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard St. East – (01) 863 8200/19
- Registration Office, Sandfield Centre, Ennis, Co. Clare – (065) 686 8050
- Registration Office, Kilkee Rd, Kilrush, Co. Clare – (065) 905 4201
- Registration Office, St. Camillus’ Hospital, Limerick – (061) 483 763